Come help to Repair the World – Tikkun Olam, New ideas and new members always welcome
Some of our projects include:
- Collecting school supplies for children in need
- Blood Drives throughout the year
- Senior Shabbat and Dinner for our TBO seniors
- Thanksgiving Unity Service held in November
Other Social Action Programs and Projects:
- Children’s Defense Fund Shabbat
- Rabbi Gross Food Closet – Distribution Day (Tuesday between 10 am and 12 pm, must bring valid Florida ID, available once per month per family)
- Monthly visits to Broward Outreach
When you CAN bring a CAN
Our food closet serves approximately 100 needy families each month. A Permanent collection box is located outside of the Kuhn Early childhood and Rosenberg Religious School doors. Non-perishable and non-expired food only (no pasta of rice only cans please. Gift cards are always welcome as are donations in any amount. Donations can be made to the Finkelstone Food for the Needy Fund. Please help us by donating peanut butter, jelly, canned tuna, soup, pasta, beans, canned meats, green and yellow canned vegetables.
Would you like to volunteer? One morning a week, we pack bags for distribution. Have a half hour to spare? We’d love to have you come and help us.
Mitzvah Day: the entire TBO Religious School gathers to perform project to help those in the community. This includes letter writing to soldiers, making sandwiches for a Broward Outreach Center, knitting blankets for the emergency shelter at JAFCO, compiling toiletries for Ronald McDonald House, potting plants for the elderly living in assisted living facilities and making treat bags for first responders.
Come participate in our many mitzvah projects. Open to TBO members of all ages.
SOCIAL ACTION LAUNCHES CARING COMMITTEE
Did you know that the Social Action Committee has a subcommittee that
Our Caring Committee has one main goal- to reach out and support fellow congregants throughout lifecycle events. We want to be here for you! We need your help to help others in our TBO community.
There are no meetings to attend (maybe one to help organize!). Just let us know what you are interested in doing, how often you are available and the best way to reach you. When a need arises that you are comfortable with, our committee will be in touch. Whether you can help out once a month or once a year, it all adds up to a more supportive and caring TBO community!
Services our committee members can provide:
- providing/delivering meals to homebound members during a health crisis
- checking via telephone with the ill, elderly and /or homebound
- visiting an ill or homebound member
- transportation to a doctor’s appointment or other services
- errands for a member in need—ex. grocery shopping
- hosting a single or widowed member for a holiday meal
- sending cards /cookies to an ill member
We want to grow this committee and expand services. To join, please email Gail Kuhn, email@example.com. If you know of a TBO member who is ill or needs us call the office, 954.753.3232 ext 201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact: Gail Kuhn, Social Action Committee Chair, at email@example.com or (954) 275-9934.